Long Term Vaping Explained
Long term vaping is about lowering your risk for cancer. The carcinogens found in the mainstream smoke of cigarettes and other tobacco products are one of reasons why smoking causes cancer, emphysema, and heart disease.
These chemicals have been linked to a number of serious health conditions ranging from schizophrenia to erectile dysfunction. The reason vaping is becoming more popular than ever as a preferred method for consuming tobacco is because it’s safer than burning incense or chewing tobacco leaves.
There are actually thousands of chemicals that have been identified in cigarette smoke; some scientists estimate there could be more than 7,000! No need to get into specific details here – basically if you’re vaping instead of smoking, you’re avoiding the build-up of these dangerous chemicals, most of which are carcinogens.
10 reasons switching to vaping can be great for you.
1. You’ll save money and your health will improve…in the long term. Some people believe that switching to an e-cig is just a way for cigarette companies to make even more money at their customers’ expense. This is partly true; however, there’s no denying the fact that cigarette smoke has been linked to cancer and other health conditions again and again. The ingredients in cigarettes have been proven by research studies published in major medical journals all over the world as being bad for human health both short term and long term.
2. Vaping is safer than smoking! Yes, it’s true that a lot of smokers are just switching from one dangerous habit to another. This is why it’s important to understand that vaping emits very little in the way of second-hand smoke. In fact, the only thing your friends will smell when you vape is an aromatic scent – many people compare this to fresh tobacco; all the more reason to try vaping if you’ve tried nicotine gum or patches without success.
3. Vaping helps you socialise while keeping your habits a secret…if you want. Not everyone wants everyone and their mothers knowing what they do behind closed doors. Many people have vaped in public without any one ever noticing. It’s not unusual to see people vaping, using an e-cig, and even smoking cigarettes…and no one knows the difference until they look at their hands!
4. Vaping can be cheaper than smoking tobacco and you can do it almost anywhere. With a vape pen or other vape device, you won’t be restricted from going to bars as long as it stays in your pocket – like traditional cigarettes are. There are even some electronic cigarette models that allow for “vape while charging,” technology which allows smokers to carry an extra battery with them at all times; just put one on charge while you’re currently taking a drag off of another e-cig battery.
5. E-liquid tastes better than cigarette smoke! No, your friends and family won’t know what an e-cig taste like when you vape. The reason for this is because electronic cigarettes are available in a wide variety of different flavours; the addictive nicotine substance that smokers crave can come in the form of cinnamon spice or ice-tangy cool mint.
6. You’ll get to choose between smoking regular tobacco cigarettes or flavoured e-cigs. Forget about having to roll your own – just use an e-cig instead!
7. Vaping is also pretty environmentally friendly too. One of the best things about using an e-cig is that it’s not just safer from a health standpoint…it’s much easier on the environment too. This is because the only thing that you’re discarding with use is a tiny little used cartridge which can be disposed of easily in the trash. There are no butts to toss in the trash and it won’t take long for you to reduce your carbon footprint if you start vaping!
8. Vaping has been shown to kill cancer cells! This study was published in the well-known medical journal, Cancer Cell, back in April 2008. The test subjects were presented with cigarette smoke and vapor from an e-cigarette. When exposed to the vapor from an e cig, human cells had increased resistance against oxidative stress while their viability was actually increased as well…that’s quite remarkable, don’t you think?
9. Vaping is even better for you than quitting cold turkey! A study in the journal Addiction found that electronic cigarettes are as effective as nicotine patches. Vaping with an e cigarette can even help ex-smokers to quit smoking tobacco altogether – if they want to.
10. Vaping is cheap! Have you ever heard of the saying, “don’t get too high on your own supply?” If you’re a smoker who just ditched smoking tobacco for electronic cigarettes…you can bet that they’ll do the same thing. It’s easy to start saving money as soon as you start using an e-cig.
What’s the best part about vaping? What kind of effects has it had on your life and those you know? Are there any other benefits to using electronic cigarettes that we missed? Let us know in the comment box below!